|Nicholas Arden Brooks' "Still Life with Newspaper and Pipes"|
(1890). Ah, how enjoyable it can be to sit and read the news...
Media requests: I enjoy speaking to the press about any issues and debates relating to environmental politics (in particular: the 'growth-environment paradox', energy and climate change, and sustainable food and transport (in particular climate change policy pertaining to agriculture and transportation).
Interviewed for two articles relating to the GM Oshawa closure and rise of global electric vehicle market, Toronto Star (2018):
- "A global shift toward electric vehicles is well underway, experts say," (by Ben Spurr, November 27, 2018).
- "Des milliers de tonnes de gaz à effet de serre causées par le G7," (par David Rémillard, 10 novembre, 2018).
Interviewed for an article about The Future of Sustainable Protein Research Symposium, in The Fulcrum (2018):
Interviewé pour un exposé sur l’empreinte écologique laissée par le Sommet du G7, Le Soleil (2018):
Interviewed for a piece on one of my paper presentations at Congress in National Post (2018) - [NOTE: I'm not a big fan of the headline; this is an issue which requires context and nuance]:
- "Livestock emissions aren't about to destroy the world, researcher says," (by Jake Edmiston, May 2018).
- "After massive investments, Trudeau government puts public transit on track" (by Carl Meyer, April 2018).
- "3 Questions pour comprendre: la vague des voitures électriques" (par Reda Bourgeois-Maaroufi, novembre, 2017)
Interviewed for a piece on Alumni of Carleton's Institute of Political Economy (2017):
Interviewed for VICE media on high-speed rail (2017):
Media Outreach about the 'Green Meat' Roundtable at Congress (2016):
A New Approach to Teaching (2015):
- "Geography seminar gives students unique insight into environmental policy" (Balca, January 19th, 2015).
Review of A Line in the Tar Sands (2014):
SSHRC Storytellers (2014):
- "Meet the Storytellers: Ryan Katz-Rosene" (April 9th, 2014).
- "Carleton Grad Students Take Top Honours in National SSHRC Storytellers Challenge" (April 1st, 2014).
- "SSHRC Announces Storytellers Winners" (April 1st, 2014).
GRIT Award (2014):
Three Minute Thesis (2013):
Peace Process Simulation (2005):